Author: Rory B. Bellows
I thought this Governor of ours was some sort of financial wizard? From today’s budget speech:
The Corzine $1.5 billion tax hike plan:
* Raise property taxes $500 million by eliminating rebates for anyone who earns over $75,000 a year.
* Raise income taxes $380 million
* $400 million tax hike by eliminating the property tax deduction
* $80 million in increased business taxes
* $48 million tax hike on cigarettes, alcohol and wine
* $30 million in increased motor vehicle fees
Brilliant! This will assure two things: 1)Corzine gets fired in November and 2) More liberals will leave New Jersey to go ruin what will formerly be known as low tax states like North Carolina and Florida.